What to Bring/Weather
What to Bring to The Outpost at Warden Rock
Mountain weather can be very unpredictable. Mornings and evenings are cool even in midsummer. It is a good idea to choose clothing that can be layered for extra warmth. You can always remove what you don’t need. We suggest the following items:
- A complete change of clothing
- Warm coat
- Rain gear (oilskin slicker preferred, no ponchos)
- Shirts (turtleneck or long sleeve shirt, 1 or 2 T shirts)
- Jeans (1 or 2 pairs; riding britches as alternative)
- Sweatshirts (1 or 2)
- Narrow footwear (with a heel preferably for safety, some hiking boots are suitable)
- Comfortable shoes to wear around The Outpost
- Slippers to wear in the lodge
- Hat with a brim (baseball cap or cowboy hat will keep your neck dry in rainy weather)
- Riding gloves
- Toiletries (biodegradable recommended)
- Bug repellent
- Camera (extra film and/or batteries)
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Swim suit for the hot tub, and the more adventuresome, the river!
- Optional: Chaps, saddle bags, fishing gear (season begins June 15 every year)
- Riding Helmets are highly recommended. If you choose to ride without suitable protective headgear (e.g. biking helmets or riding helmets) you must sign a release and indemnity agreement before horseback riding. We do not rent or sell riding helmets, as we are not experts in fitting helmets. Helmets are mandatory for children under 18 years of age.
Please note that we are not licensed to sell liquor, beer or wine. Feel free to bring in your own.
If you are looking to buy western wear and tack, please visit our friends at Irvine’s, Canada’s largest Western Wear and Tack store. You name it and they’ve got it and it is all under one roof! Just 20 minutes north of Calgary Airport on Highway 2, take the Crossfield Exit and follow the signs or shop online at www.irvines.ca